sharing birthdays

we have 2 kids both with a birthday in the same month, and we have mixed feeling on them sharing there birthdays they are only 3 days apart what do u think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have boy & girl 2 same month 2 days apart. We were on a limited budget when they were little and we threw them "shared" birthdays. To hear them talk about it now, you would think it was child abuse - they are tramatized!!! So for the sake of your future mental health I strongly recommend you do NOT throw them "shared" birthday parties, dinners, greetings etc.. etc... etc.. !!!!!
    smokeybear

Answer by smokeybear at 3:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• my DS#2 and DS#3 are both August Babies, We are doing a combined Birthday for them this year because of lack of money.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would totally do it. If they are young they wont know, if they are older they'll need to understand that maybe you just neede to do it for this year. Hopefully they'll understand and they'll be happy that they're atleast getting a party for there birthday.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Nope I will not do shared bdays, my baby is due any day now and my DD just had her bday. I think that my kids need to have their own special day to celebrate themselves. I don't want them to share the one day that is about them.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My sister and I were 2 days apart (2 years in age) and we did shared family parties, but separate friend parties. She got the weekend before and I got the weekend after our actual birthdays.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I have twin boys that were born on April 14th and their sister was born on April 29th. We usually have a birthday party on a weekend in between for ALL the family on both sides and do individual little parties on their birthdays. When we do the BIG party we use meeting/ceremony room at a family members work and while they are in one big room we have three different "stations" for each child. One year we had Dora for our daughter, Wonder Pets for one twin and Elmo for another. It worked great, they all got their own party while family members from out of town only had to drive into town for 1 party.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2010