Anyone go into labor at 34 weeks??

How bad was it, terrible?? I'm scared, I've been having intense pain lately. My doctor said everything is fine, this was on friday, I've still been having a lot of pain, mostly stomach n back pain and this morning my back pain was stabbing and I started to have regular contractions this morning, i'm only 34 weeks, but I feel like I'm gonna have this baby early, just in case I do, will it be that bad, I enter my last month next week. I've felt wet all night and had to change a few times, but it stopped, so i don't think its amniotic fluid.2nd pregnancy.

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 3:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went into labor at 30 weeks with my first child. I am going to be honest and say that it was scary. My child was tiny being born at 30 weeks, but everything turned out fine. He is now a healthy 8 year old little boy. At 34 weeks you are only two weeks from being full term I am sure everything will be okay just have to have faith in God and the doctors. I hope this helps.
    mimioester

Answer by mimioester at 3:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i had my son at 33 weeks. he was in the NICU for 26 days. i would guess the average NICU stay for a 34 weeker would be 2-3 weeks. i would definitely talk to the doctor about procardia or magnesium sulfate, or what his recommendation is to stop preterm labor. or ask why he thinks everything is fine. maybe get a 2nd opinion. babies born at 34 weeks typically do really well but the NICU stay is not fun and it creates all kinds of breastfeeding problems.
    my son is 2 mos old now and perfectly healthy but i hate that he had to spend so much time in the NICU and we still have BFing problems and that makes me so sad. but i of course am so happy that he's healthy!!!
    but it's possible that you could avoid NICU all together. call your dr or go to L&D. gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• this is an album of pics of my son in the NICU (and some other family pics from that time. lol). just remember there is a big difference between 33 weeks and 34 weeks, just as there is a big diff between 34 weeks and 35 weeks!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2058193&id=50401401&l=dc5fa9ebec
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My twins were born at 32 weeks it was a little scary and long (because they tried really hard to stop it). Seriously after no food, barely any water and being in labor for two days I was like let's get the show on the road just let them evict themselves. When they were born they were 4.3lbs and 4.6lbs (pretty good!). They were in the NICU for two weeks and only one had to be on oxygen and that was just for an hour. I will warn you now though! In the NICU they let the babies sleep on their tummies. The nurse told me not to worry because when they are about ready to go home they start turning them over. This did not work for us. My twins ended up sleeping on their tummies or would scream bloody murder. They HATED being on their backs. Even in car seats and in swings. I didn't think I would ever get them use to riding in car seats or in swings.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2010