If you went in to the hospital to have a surgery done because you have cancer and found out you were between 4 to 6 weeks pregnant would you go through with the pregnancy or take the advice from your speacialist and terminate it. Have to think about the cancer spreading during pregnancy, miscarrying, baby being born early, and also leaving other kids without a mom. Any advice would be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• omgosh I hope this isn't happening to you, I didn't have something like that happen to me but it was a little similar. When I was pregnant with my identical twin boys I found out that the had twin to twin transfussion syndrome at 22 weeks. Luckly there was a laser surgery that oculd be done to seperate the vessels and my twins would have a better chance, unfortunately I had palcenta abruption and shortening cervix. I wanted to do the surgery sooo bad, but because of my complications there were risks one of them was that I would bleed to death and possibly lose the pregnancy. I have 2 other kids. 2 little girls, they stayed at grandmas while grandpa, hubby and I went to L.A 2 hours away from home for the surgery. If I went through with it I could lose my twins and my life or both. I couldn't deal with the fact that I would never see my girls again, I loved my twins soo much though, the doctor suggested an amnio reduction which
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• was alot les dangerous. Every doctor I saw suggested I just let nature take its course but I couldnt sit there and do nothing. I went through wit hthe reduction I had 4 reductions in a week and made it to 24 weeks, when my twins were delivered unfortunately because they were already suffering from the twin to twin transfussion and they were born so early my first born twin son passed away but my surviving twin survived and is doing amazing. It was the hardest decision I made and regretted it at first because after my son passed I felt like dying and felt like I would have rather died then then have to deal with this everlasting pain but I'm grateful for my surviving twin son and my girls! I don't know what that surgery could have done it might have been a success or worse a tragedy but I'm grateful for now, my life and the life of my children and the opportunity t ohave met and known my son even if it was just 5 days.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm so sorry. I really don't know what I would do. ((hugs))
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would do what I had to to protect my baby. That is the most important to me.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would abort it. If I got pregnant right now with cancer, I'd be thinking of leaving my DH with the children, and a newborn on top would be too much. If I survived the cancer, then I wouldn't regret it, cuz I would already have wonderful children. But then again, I"m having two kids and stopping my baby making for life lol.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 5:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would keep my baby, then find a doctor that supported my decision and would plan to treat the cancer as best as possible as soon as baby is born.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 6:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• well i don't believe in abortion for the most part, but there certainly are exceptions in my mind...and i have to say, i would abort...i couldn't imagine leaving my children without a mother if something happened to me....if I didn't have any other children, I would likely carry on with the pregnancy.....what a scary situation to be in....it's kind of like choosing which child to save ! I do hope this is not your situation, but if it is, please know you have my prayers and thoughts !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I have been in remission from my cancer since November of 2009. I am now 15 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby. If i had found out I was pregnant when i found out i had cancer i think that i would've probably continued on with the pregnancy. But I also didn't have an aggressive cancer. I had Hodgkins Lymphoma and this cancer responds very well to treatment and I was only in stage 2. I think I would have a very hard time terminating a pregnancy. I couldn't imagine having to make that decision. I hope that things turn out for the best in whichever decision you make. My oncologist has suggested to me that I have an amnio done to see if the chemo did any type of genetic damage to my eggs. I am only going to do it if my AFP blood results come back bad. I hope that this has helped.
    skycamsmom

Answer by skycamsmom at 9:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It would be hard, but I would abort. I had the same thing as the first replier and knew if one twin was passing away in uetro I would abort her to save the other. That being said though what we would is not what you should do. It is hard and I am sorry you are facing it, but you need to look into your heart and make this hard choice yourself. For you which is less difficult to deal with? Both are going to be hard. Would it be harder to abort, or to face death and leaving behind the kids you have? None of us is going to know which would be harder for you. I am so sorry you are going through this.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2010