Once a cheater, always a cheater?

thoughts?

GavinsMommii

Asked by GavinsMommii at 3:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• ABSOLUTLY
    smokeybear

Answer by smokeybear at 3:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think that some men, although very rare, can change if they want to. But again, this is very rare.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I personally do not agree with that statement.

The reasons people cheat are as varied and individual as the people themselves.

Cheating is a choice. Pure and Simple.. We all have full and total control in regards to the choices we make... And if we learn from our previous choices or not.. All people have the ability to change, they just have to choose to...

Just because a person cheated once, doesn't mean they will cheat again (in the same relationship).
    Just because a person cheated in one relationship doesn't mean they will cheat in a different relationship.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• no, not always the case. 4 years ago i was in a relationship with the perfect girl. she really was everything i ever wanted in a companion, best friend, and lover. but i think i felt like i didn't deserve her love and i ruined it by cheating. it broke my heart that i hurt her. she dumped me and i deliberately stayed single for over a year and a half. i've had a couple relationships since and i've never cheated again, nor will i ever cheat again
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I agree with this statement completely. I have been cheated on a number of times and there was NOTHING lacking in the relationships that I was cheated on. The man I am with now will never and would never think of cheating on me or me on him. We are very happy with one another. So this statement I completely agree with this.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm with you Pixie. I personally have cheated in a past relationship. But I can guarantee I would never EVER cheat on my husband. I respect him too much.
    GavinsMommii

Comment by GavinsMommii (original poster) at 4:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yes.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:14 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• BTW it's not just men.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't agree with that.
    There could be various reasons someone cheats,
    and I mean..
    Just cause your in a garage, doesnt mean your a car..and
    going to chuch doesnt have to be mean your Christian.
    Sa,e difference, just there are more consiquences then not being a christian and going to church lol

I think some people learn from their mistakes, and either if they do or dont. you have to make the right choices for you,
    even if he could be turning into a Tiger Woods, what if Tiger recovers? Its the samething.
    I'm sure SOME cheaters recover from their cheating ways or become the most trust worthy afterwards.
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 5:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't agree.... I've cheated in the past and would never now, I did it because my ex put money and his job over me.... I was alone every holiday and I was lonely and depressed.... I'm not proud of it but it happened
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2010