How old is too old to be sleeping in bed with Mom??

My 14 1/2 year old nephew is sleeping in the same bed as his Mom. This seems way wrong and off to me, but I am curious of other peoples thoughts....A note: not just climbing in bed during the night...he curls up with her when she goes to bed and the whole thing really creeps me out....

cjzmom

Asked by cjzmom at 4:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Don't get all shook up ... maybe the mom's still breast feeding .............. LMAO *kidding*
    He's way too old and that mom should be ashamed of herself.
    Tantheria

Answer by Tantheria at 4:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• 14? or 4? I'm hoping 4 because that would be normal...but 14? for a boy? Either he is REALLY attached or I don't know :)

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think 14 yrs old every night, yeah that's too old. maybe once in a great while wouldn't be bad. my 4 year old slept with me for about a year and then when my husband came home from his deployment she went right back into her bedroom and sleeps great. I think 5 is about the age where i would cut off the sleeping every night.
    Melissa_anne

Answer by Melissa_anne at 4:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• unfortunately I meant 14...and at this age his father was sexually active and he was conceived....it really freaks me out the whole thing... she talks to him and treats him like he is 4 and calls him baby and then expects him to act like a teenager...I just don't get it..
    cjzmom

Comment by cjzmom (original poster) at 4:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think it's bizarre and kinda scary. That kid is going to need major counseling. Well the mother definitly needs counseling. No woman should be allowing her 14 year old son to sleep in her bed. It's just WRONG
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My step-son and step-daughter that are 10 and 13 now stop sleeping the same bed as there mother like 2 years ago. My hubby said something to her about it and enough was enough and it was put to a stop. Ever so often his daughter will ask to sleep in our bed with us and that's a no no. She is to old to be sleeping in bed with us or her mother. I can understand if she is not feeling well but every night no way that's creepy.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:31 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• my daughter didnt want to sleep with me at 2 months, she started sleeping in her own room too early for me, but i wouldnt let it keep going until 14, that is actually worrisome to me that he is that old and he curls up with mommy at night. I dont think even a four year old should sleep every night in bed with mommy
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 8:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm okay with co-sleeping, even for older kids ... but even for me 14 is definitely pushing it!  I would think that by puberty/teenage hood that kids would want their own bed and room.

sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2010