im begining to not know whats going on in my belly baby is getting lower and im really starting to feel quite iky i dont know how else to describe it is this normal or could i be going into labour really soon

im 35 weeks pregnant. im feeling sick anytime i eat, i am going to the toilet 2 as much as i have been, i keep geting weird feelings in my belly sometimes it really hurts. i woke up last night with a pain in my belly but it diddnt last was just enough to wake me up. am i just in the late stages of pregnancy or could i be going into labour soon??

kirsten21

Asked by kirsten21 at 4:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hi sweetie. My last experience of pregnancy was 10 years ago so I don't know if I can help.

I remember the more than usual discomfort and sick feelings towards the end of my pregnancy but I did start getting very strong braxton hicks with my fourth pregnancy which I would confuse with contractions.

I remember being told that if the pain becomes more intense, consistant and closer together then maybe your are going into labour.

Best thing maybe is to call a doctor or the hospital to describe the symptons in more detail with them

Good Luck!!
    Anne-Marie457

Answer by Anne-Marie457 at 4:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I delivered my daughter at 36 weeks due to pre eclampsia and that was almost two years ago.. so I don't remember much. I do remember getting the Braxton Hicks a lot and feeling a lot of pain and discomfort from them. I was going to the toilet every 2 seconds once my baby dropped, so I believe that's normal. If you continue to be concerned about it, maybe you should call your OBGYN and describe all of your symptoms to him/her and let them tell you what they think it is. If they think it's serious, they'll tell you to come in. Good luck!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Could be braxton hicks ... my last pregnancy that started the last month.. But as the ER doctor told me when i showed up there 3 times.. If in dobut there is always a hospital ;) also one of the visits it was false labor becuase i was dehydrated. If you feel that you maybe in labor i would go to the hospital.. i guess i am just scared like that ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I feel the same way and i am at 34 weeks. I have been to the hospital with horrible pain and awkward feelings also. The one time was from being dehydrated and sent me into have braxton hicks. The second time that I went, was because of braxton hicks again, but they stopped the contractions because of how close they were and they were trying to prevent me from having her then, i was only 29 weeks.

So there is a very good chance it is braxton hicks, but as others have said, there is always the hospital. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    Mandalxl

Answer by Mandalxl at 3:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• thankyou for your comments, i dont feel so bad now i know that my symptoms seem to be normal in late pregnancy.
    kirsten21

Comment by kirsten21 (original poster) at 7:58 AM on Jul. 16, 2010