odd trouble concieving question....please help

My husband and I have been trying to concieve for some time now. I have had one child, (with a different man before i was with my husband) and he has had 4 children, why cant we seem to concieve? what could possibly be the issue? any advice and knowledge is appreciated.

kiko_girl101

Asked by kiko_girl101 at 4:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Are either one of you overweight? or have a poor diet? or consuming too much caffeine? and what is your age?

Over 35 women have a significantly reduced ability to have kids. Men sperm can be affected by how much he weighs and what he eats, it can cause them to be sluggish and give them a poor sperm count. A woman who is overweight has a really high chance of not ovulating, as well as being over stressed or having a poor diet.

If you are both seemingly healthy and you've tried for over a year to get pregnant (six months if you're over 35) then you should see a fertility doctor.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 5:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• In addition to what MomtoElliett said, some women are just more fertile than others. Most of the women on my mom's side of the family have had trouble concieving. Most were able to have at least one kid, but a couple couldn't have any and had to adopt.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Sometimes its just not right timing. You could have 5 kids, but try for another and it just not happend. It takes time..
    faithfully2God

Answer by faithfully2God at 9:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010