How to file a complaint against TV network?

Last weekend I happened to let my 5-year old daughter watch Cartoon Network at 6.30 pm (she used to watch NickJr but we recently downgraded our plan and so NickJr is no longer available). To my horror the main character in the cartoon (Adventure Time) who looked like some kind of sex object, was shown to have an erection (with clothes on) or at least seemed to suggest an erection and he was stroking it.

swan11

Asked by swan11 at 5:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Entertainment

• Since adventure time is rated "PG" I don't think it's a toon meant for young children. But anyhooo.

To file a complaint.. You should contact the FCC (you most likely can file a complaint on the FCC's website), tell them the name of the show, the channel, the date of airing, air time and what you found offensive about the show. That's your best bet for filing an "official" complaint... If you don't want to file an official complaint with the FCC and just wish do express displeasure with the show/episode then you can just contact Cartoon Network directly with your grievance.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• sorry but i don't think you have a leg to stand on when it comes to that situation because cable regulations of indecency are far more lenient than actual network television because the subscriber(you) has the ability to block that kind of material from your children

so maybe you could complain but i don't think it would do any good because they are operating within FCC regulations on cable
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 5:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Cartoon network is known for having more mature cartoons. This is the reason I do not let my kids watch it. EVER. I would chalk it up to a "now you know" experience.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I really don't like Cartoon Network, my husband and I were just talking about that last night. The only reason we have the higher cable channels is for Nick Jr and what use to be Noggin. My kids don't watch t.v. often but when they do it is usually at night when all of the PBS cartoons are not showing and my kids aren't interested in iCarly and Hannah Montana type shows. It was worth it to us.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2010