Do you think your forehead scan thermometer works well?

I always feel like my kids are quite warm to the touch, but the thermometer, no matter how many times I do it, doesn't register a fever. My friend, an RN, has the same thermometer and hers reads about the same as mine- we tested them. Do you use a different kind of thermometer? What do you like?

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 5:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I use the forehead one, but if I doubt the reading then I use one under the tongue or armpit (depends on age) to verify. It has always come back very close (within half a degree).
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I will use mine for a quick a check if I think something might be up, but when I want accuracy, I use the oral thermometer (electronic readout model).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I work in the medical/health field and as far as the forhead thermometer it isnt always accurate, you may have to do it over again and again.
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 8:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2010