Do you allow shoes in your home?

Do you allow people to walk in their shoes on your floors?

I don't, everyone must take off shoes and socks if they look dirty.

I feel weird walking into a house wearing shoes because it's like whatever I just stepped on outside is now inside and I start to imagine the dirt and bacteria in the carpet and how black my socks will get from their floor.

No offense to anyone who allows it but since I've been prego we had new carpet and never walked on it with shoes since it looked so nice. After I had my son we just kept it going being that he would crawl and I wanted him to have a clean carpet to crawl on.

Anyone else not allow shoes indoors?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 5:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We take our shoes off as soon as we get in the door and most of our guests do too, it's just good manners. The only ones who don't are my in-laws and it drives me nuts. They wear shoes in their house too and only vacuum once a week. When we go round there my hubby keeps his shoes on but I take mine off and so does our son. They've said in the past that we can keep them on, they've even implied that removing shoes is impolite, but it just grosses me out. It's not just about them. I'm going to be sitting on the floor playing with the boy, I don't want the dirt from my shoes rubbing off on my pants either.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• No we don't wear shoes in our home. But we live in the Pac NW and do have slippers to wear around the house. But if guests come over I don't make them take their shoes off, I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My DH and I and our DD take our shoes off, and some people when they come inside see us doing it and follow suit, but I don't freak out on people and MAKE them take their shoes off, I don't want people thinking I'm a freak.. or worse, being embarrassed about a hole in their sock.. :P
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 5:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Nope, no shoes in my home.. There is a place in our entry way to place shoes.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Maybe I'm not following, What does living in the Pacific North West have to do with shoes? I'm confused lol I live in Nor Cal myself...is this some nor cal trend or something?
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 6:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We don't ware shoes in our house, but I never ask anyone to take their shoes off, I just hope they would. I always remove my shoes when I'm in someone else's home without being asked.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• same as RyansMom001 above !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I have a sign by my door, asking that people remove their shoes, we live on an army base so most of our guests have combat boots on and its very stressful to see all the dirt that they bring into my house.
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 6:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• we do now but once we get no carpett no!
    MasonsMommyy

Answer by MasonsMommyy at 6:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• That's a toughy! We don't wear our shoes in/into our house and not in other people's houses but I have never asked anyone to take off their shoes except a worker coming to repair something. They usually do take off their shoes, but some people don't, or ck their shoes for yuk first before walking past the door mat. I have asked a worker/telephone man, etc. to before when it was muddy out.
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 6:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2010