what do you do for fun with your baby?

My son is 8 months old and I dont really know what to do with him. He crawls and stands and talks to everyone in his baby talk, but I dont know what to do to keep him entertained, he gets bored just like everyone else.

xmama_bellax

Asked by xmama_bellax at 7:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• exersaucer, pots and pans with big spoon, an extra bath, carry him out for a walk, take him to the libary and read to him (sometimes just a change of scenery can help), a empty plastic water bottle is amazing for them, putting rice in the water bottle is fun too, put music on and dance, also you could goggle ideas to do. gl!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 7:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• my daughter loves her bouncer, we will count to three and fling her on the couch (gently of course) we set up a small pool in the back yard, she plays with the doggies, her daddy sings to her, we will say "mommys gonna ..." and tickle her she goes nuts when she hears mommy (or daddy depending on whose doing the tickling), we dont even have to touch her
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 7:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I dont have a yard. and i dont have room for a bunch of stuff. he gets bored with pots and pans, and he doesnt have a daddy
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• When my daughter was that age she loved it when I held her and would dance with her. Not a lot of space required and it's a great bonding experience.
    LagunaAlkaline

Answer by LagunaAlkaline at 10:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• They say interaction with your baby is crucial to development and grow. I had a indoor swing for both my children. It rocked them to sleep and had a musical mechanism to it. Children of all ages, including babies enjoy music, even in the womb. There are all kinds of toys for babies from simple rattles to pull toys to rocking horses to books which are cloth so if the baby puts the book in their mouths it can be washed and won't be a problem.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I got an indoor bouncer, my 5 months love it. Sometime i play with her on bed as I lay down and put her on my knee to fly her (too tired fly her with hands). Try different things that your kid loves
    Lucy124

Answer by Lucy124 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Get on the floor and play with him! They love that!! I tickle my son and we play peeka boo. He loves it!!
    Dodie702

Answer by Dodie702 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Sing songs with hand motions (patty-cake, itsy bitsy spider, wheels on the bus, etc.) Play hide and seek with a thin blanket over your head (let him look for you) and then take turns. Read a lot. Show him how to work the light switches or ceiling/bathroom fan switch (he probably won't get it, but DS is still fascinated). Roll a ball back and forth. Get outside and let him play with grass or branches or just watch cars/people go by.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 11:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2010