how do i just tell her no ?

i have a baby girl that just turned 2 on the 6th and her doctor told me to start weening her from the breast at 1 and slowly but surely i did but she'll then come back after drinking from her cup {whole milk} as if she doesn't like it..when she now comes to try to breastfeed i push her away & it literally hurts me to my heart when i do that because of the look on her face.. she's not my first child but she's the only one i breast fed...... Pleas moms what should i do i really need your help.... Thank U

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She's not ready to wean...shame on your doc for giving bad advice...I can tell you (unfortunately) from experience that tell her no and pushing her away is not healthy for her. If it is hurting you why are you weaning?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Doctors give advice (so do we!) but they are not God. Ask him what his reasons are and make up your own mind what is best for dd and yourself. As pp says, it sounds like she is not ready. Is she eating everything else well? I agree, do not push her. Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• if she wants it because she likes the taste better, give her the milk, pump and put it in her bottle, breast milk is healthy, there are some people that nurse until a child is five, it is a healthy and a dr should encourage you to continue to give the baby the milk at least for the immunities and vitamins
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 8:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It really is the best thing for her. If she is not ready do not push it. Right now my 2 year old and 4yo take daily vitamins to make sure they get all the nutrients they need. Breast milk has everything in it and more so do it as long as you can. I wish mine would have done it longer.
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 8:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2010