If you are divorced, what would you say is the reason for it?

Sometimes I wonder about the reason for divorces. I know why I would get one and I can't say I haven't thought about it. Is the reason you had then the same reason you would give today?
Do you regret it?

Asked by manna1qd at 5:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• I was married 15 years to a ungrateful selfish and unfaithful man. I did everything possible to make things work but it ended up only being one sided. Do I regret it? No. Does he..yes he says he does. Too late!

Answer by kwazylisa at 11:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• My first husband left me for another woman. I didn't have a say so in the matter. I was 16 and he sent me home and filed for a divorce. My second husband was abusive. I left to save my life and that of my children. I wish he had gotten help but he didn't so I don't regret living in peace. My last husband got addicted to drugs. I gave him a choice. He chose drugs. I did my best to make them all work so I have no regrets about not trying. I did what I had to do to live the peaceful and calm life I want to live. I can't deal with drama and chaos and thought my children deserved better as well. I've since decided marriage isn't for me. I don't regret that decision either. Being alone isn't horrible. Lonely at times, yes but not horrible.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Well,my 1st husband and I just drifted apart.He was a good man and a great Dad to our children.We weren't in love with each other anymore but we did love each other.I am glad we divorced because he found his soulmate and I found mine.He died 2 years ago with our childrem amd Me and his wife by his side.

PS.Let the love of your life just jump right in front of you and he might just knock you off your feet.

Answer by Kat122 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I divorced from my first husband because he threw me up against the fridge and then to the couch during a fight. I left him that night and never looked back.

Answer by sapient at 7:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I got divorced because my first husband was an alchoholic.

Answer by ericanow at 8:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I got a divorce from my first husband because he was an alcoholic and was mentally abusive. There was a couple of instances where it turned physical when he would push me down or twist my fingers back. The night he actually raised a fist to hit me, that was when I left. I haven't looked back.

Answer by zachsmom900 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I divorced my X because he was messing around with my 14 yr old sister

Answer by tigerlilly_714 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Divorcing my husband because of verbal, mental, emotional and physical abuse to me and my son. He is a pathelogical liar too. I can say that I tried so hard to stay in the marriage and work th through it, but just couldn't do it any longer for my benefit as well as my son's.

• my husband left me for another woman,says we gre apart, which we did, i didn't appreciate how hard he worked, i guess i didn't

Answer by kimmy1963 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2008