SAHM When do you work out?

The best time for me is in the morning but I seem to never make it happen. I try to before the kids wake up but they seem to wake up right when I am about to. What do you do? I try to wake earlier but sometimes I am a night owl and cannot get out of bed. Do you workout when they are awake. ANY ADVICE???

allmomma

Asked by allmomma at 8:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't have a set time to work out, my ideal time would be first thing in the morning, but sometimes it doesn't work like that. I make sure to get my workouts in daily though. Hope that helps :)
    gotfavor

Answer by gotfavor at 8:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If I can't work out in the morning then I do it during her nap time. My daughter naps for about 2 hours so it gives me plenty of time to work out.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I work out in the morning too but both kids are always awake :( They always know when it's time to workout

Just yesterday, I had a 2 year old sitting on my stomach during abs and the best was as I was doing squats, he sat under my butt and I didn't see him until I squatted down on his head...he thought that was hilarious. I hate it!!!!!!!! He also kept carrying my hand weights away and laughing. It's very discouraging.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It depends... if it's in the morning then I send the girls into my youngest dd's room to play for that hour. Sometimes, like yesterday, I make dinner, and while Dh and the kids are eating I work out. On occasion it happens that I work out during naptime or after the girls go to bed. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do when dd #1 starts pre-k in 2 weeks and dd #2 is up my behind because she is without her sister. I'll probably have to work out during nap time everyday just to make sure I get it in....
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I try to do mornings and afternoon.
    randerykah

Answer by randerykah at 8:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Either in the evenings or when they are awake and they either play around me or do it with me.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Right now I am going to a workout boot camp that is 6am-7am. When I get home at 7 the kids start to wake up. Before that though I would workout while they were awake and put a video on for them. I would do nap time but they don't always take a nap and by the middle of the afternoon I'm ready for a nap myself!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I am struggling with the same issues. I can't do mornings because my dh leaves early for work and my baby already gets up at 6am. So I was going to start running at night time, starting tonight- so of course there were thunderstorms.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• When it's school time, I try to go at 8:30 in the morning. Otherwise, I usually go at 4:30. The drop in childcare at the Y fills up quickly so I have to go during those times.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:52 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have a 6 month old and a 2 year old and i go to the gym every morning at 7:45 AM. My gym has a daycare, and i can peek in at anytime and the lady is great with my youngest! I'm usually there till about 9:30ish. When they are both in school it will be sooooo NICE! I can't wait! haha
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 5:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010