How do you explain to your child daddy isn't living here anymore?

My childs father has a big problem with drinking he will leave in the middle of the night and I will wake up and he will just be gone. He will tell me he gets off work at 1am I will get there and he would have left early to go out drinking. He will take my things/money when I am in the shower/bathroom so I have to take my purse EVERYWHERE I go. So I finally got tired of it and told him to leave last week he wouldn't go so he had been sleeping on the couch well last night he did it all again so I made him leave. I don't know how I put up with it this long. He has no place to go. His parents will not let him come home but I don't feel like I should be the one to put up with this. He does not put out a penny here to pay his way. Anyways how should I explain to a 4 almost 5 year old he daddy is not going to be here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Just be honest but don't give too much information. Tell your child that daddy is going away and that things will be OK and you are always there when he needs you.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• u should aslo look your child in the eye and let him know that you love him very much
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2010