Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I file a restraining order for a 8 month old?

I recently started talking to an ex boyfriend of mine, we broke up a long time ago before i even met my husband. he started emailing me and got really obsessive, we broke up almost 7 years ago, and he emails me telling me how much he loves me every tuesday because apparently we broke up on a tuesday, he tells me he still has my photo on his dresser etc. I can ignore it he has no clue where I live etc, just ignore the emails, we have a common friend on facebook and that friend let him look at all my photos *which are usually just for friends* and he saw pictures of my 8 month old daughter to which he sends me a message telling me how beautiful she is and she looks like me and if he could he would want to be alone with her just him and her, can i get a restraining order on him to keep him away? or is she too young? i just dont feel safe about this now, he is going way too far.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • I think you can get a restraining order against him for you and her. I would ring and get a consultation sharp-ish, he sounds terrifying.

    Answer by leah_rai at 8:31 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • You need to loose contact from him. And as long as he doesn't know where you live I wouldn't worry about it. I would defidently delete the friend that showed him the pics though. And you won't be able to get a restraining order for the baby, cause there's been no real threat. I would just do what I could to block him from contacting you.
    Good Luck.

    Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • Make sure you save all these emails to use as proof

    Answer by MommyH2 at 8:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • I would print out the e-mails and take them to the police. Honestly, yes, you should be able to get an Order of Protection for both you and your daughter.
    On another note, I would also be giving my friend hell about letting him look at my photos!

    Answer by mommy11260 at 8:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • yes you can.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 8:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • You need to change your privacy settings & unfriend him & your mutual friend.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • I don't think so. He didn't actually threaten her but call the police and ask.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • Cut off all communication with this guy. Ask your friend to delete the photos of you on Facebook. Delete any photos he can view. If he tries to contact your friend have her tell him that you are too busy & not interested. Hopefully that will solve your problem. Anymore communication between the two of you is just like "feeding a cat". You'll never get rid of him. Does your DH know about this? If you are actually in fear of this guy then you should tell your DH about it. His safety may be in jeopardy too. Good Luck.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • I would try to get one for you and include her.

    Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • Weirdo!! i WOULD get one and include her!

    Answer by Claudiomom at 10:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.