Any large families out there? Just looking for some organisational tips.

I am a SAHM, I have 5 children. Soon to be 6 and we plan to carry on having children as long as God wills. I love raising children and we've generally been quite organised over the years since I'm quite a neat freak. I love having a big family but recently getting everything done is starting to be a hassle, I'd love to hear some other moms routines/how they do the everyday thigns such as meal-times. We only have a small oven at the moment so any recommendations on products would also be handy. Just little things like washing clothes/any other menial chore I'd love advice on from anyone :). Just want to find some ways to sort out the day a little.

leah_rai

Asked by leah_rai at 8:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• We are a family of 6 (four children). The best thing I have found to stay organized is a dry erase marker and bathroom mirror. All our reminders, schedule notes go on the mirror. We see it often and its easy to make corrections. May not be the best tip for a neat freak though (which I am not).

As far as the small oven goes - try doing crockpot meals. You can buy a large one and get the meal started early in the day. Then just put the finishing touches on it/side dishes when its time to eat. There are lots of amazing recipes out there for crockpots so there is a lot of variety.
    DreamGone

Answer by DreamGone at 11:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2010