I need some advice to get my son to stop sleeping in my bed instead of his toddler bed?

He doesnt' like his bed, I let him start sleeping with me when he was about 15 months and teething cause it was just easier, and now he is two and a half and he refuses, I NEED HELP someone give me wonderful advice!

yellowlove1921

Asked by yellowlove1921 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when he falls asleep in your bed, move him to his own bed. if / when he comes back to you bed, put him back in his bed.
    this will take some patience and time, but if you stick with it, it will work.

we did this with my son and after about a week or so, it was sooo much better.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 10:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You're just going to have to be firm. He's old enough to understand when you tell him he's a big boy and needs to sleep in his own room. Take him to the toy store or pet store (if you're willing) to let him pick out a companion to sleep with...stuffed toy, fish on the shelf, etc. You'd be surprised how well a little company works. Get him a nightlight a new cozy blanket....something special to make the transition more exciting. (My daughter has about 15 toys in bed with her plus some little people). Baby proof his room so he can't get out and be consistent and firm about it.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• well if you get a good adviced let me know! because i have the same problem!!
    dianaNbryanMami

Answer by dianaNbryanMami at 8:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i am going to try moving him in sleep i dont want to get a pet because i will end up taking care of it. and if i can get away with out it I would much rather not have a fish! LOL. if not then on to something else. my son really could care less about stuffed animals, he has a blankie that is the only thing he sleeps with.
    yellowlove1921

Comment by yellowlove1921 (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Jul. 14, 2010