How do you make your kid tries fruits and veggies?

My daughter doesn't eat any but banana....and sometimes not all the time!

keki81

Asked by keki81 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make them pretty!.. Like into little animals or something.. Like with celery, put peanut butter on it and raisens (ants on a log) or with bananas you can make little kitties or something with extras.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• When it come to vegetable I usually have a dip for it my girls love it or cook the vegetable and season them salt pepper garlic and maybe use teriyaki sauce or other sauce my girls love that to with fruits there not to picky... I found this hope it helps....

http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/nutrition/kids_vegetables.html

starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 9:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• offer veggie dip with the veggies and fruit dip with the fruit...that may help
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My kids love Apples with peanut butter. Though I've never had a problem with them eating fruits and vegetables.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• With me, I have tried everything with my son. Finally, I told him if we give him a new fruit or veggie he has to try 3 bites. Three bites is enough for me to tell if he truly does not like it, or if he just does not want to try something new! And, we have actually found a lot of things he does like this way.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't make it seem important to her . . . . getting kids to eat can be a bit of a game. Make yourself a snacks of cut up fruit with a little yogurt dip (when she is NOT having a snack but is with you) and she will want bites of what you have. If you don't make it an issue, she will eat it. They get into power struggles at this age.
    SandraD101

Answer by SandraD101 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Introduce new fruits and veggies one at a time. If something isn't working, try peanut butter, yogurt, or apple sauce for dipping. Don't overemphasize the importance of it, you don't want her to think it's a power issue instead of a nutrition issue. Keep trying, a child's taste changes as they grow. Don't overdo one thing, it may get rejected just because she's tired of it. Good luck.
    artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 9:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My 3 & 4yr old will not touch a veggie, so, I have gotten to where I puree them in the food processor and mix them into other things like spaghetti sauce, mac & cheese, pizza & anything else I can think of. Gotta get them in somehow, & this works great!
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i have to say i havent really had any problems when it comes to my son eating fruit and veg. mind u he doesnt eat all types. i used to make a funny face on a plate with fruit for the two of us and then we would play a game taking turns to eat eyes,nose etc: my son eats fruit and veg quicker than he would eat meat. leaves meat till last.
    shell394

Answer by shell394 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't have a problem with fruit, it is sweet and they like it. Veggies are different. I wait it out, they will get there eventually. I eat a lot of things I would not as a child. As long as they get a ballanced diet I don't worry. Furit juices had veggies in them now days. I don't sweat the small stuff.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2010