Is love a fairy tale?

Do you believe in true love? Not just security, but actual love with attraction an affection? Deep commitment? For example, if you've read the Twilight books or seen movies like The Notebook, Remember Me, Dear John, etc. Do you think that kind of love really exists? The level of devotion, affection and obvious attraction is astounding. Is it a fairy tale in these fictional stories or can it truly be found?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I beleive that it does, somewhere for someone. But I doubt it'll ever happen to me.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yes, it does exist. Life is never perfect though, so you will always have disagreements, but that doesn't mean you have to FIGHT about stuff. I've seen first hand this kind of love. It's amazing to see those people together.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Absolutely I found it!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 9:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I agree with CaGirl! :)
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 9:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• ditto......I beleive that it does, somewhere for someone. But I doubt it'll ever happen to me.
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I believe it absolutely does.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I do believe that it exists!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• No it's not a fairy tale. It's hard mudda-effin work. But the passion, attraction, devotion...yes, that's real. Just because you have that doesn't mean you can just ride off into the sunset with the prince. Cause once you get back to the castle, he's still gonna leave his stinky socks on the floor.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I second what Jenny said. Those aren't called fairy tales for nothing! You can probably get 2 or 3 of the things you mentioned,but I HIGHLY doubt those relationships exist. My marriage is so good because we're grounded. I don't expect the fairy tale.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Love is not a fairy tale. The stories people create of ideal love, or romantic love can be like a fairy tale. Love has many facets, and real life can often dim the glow of real life love. I saw this "fairy tale" love shown by a couple who looked to be in their mid- eighties, holding hands and kissing while they celebrated a weekend vacation together. This was a moment that I witnessed, but I am sure their life is not like this 24-7. This type of love is just one part of what there is for us as real life everyday people.
    artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 9:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2010