for the moms with more then 2 kids

Do you spend one-on-one time with each of your children?

-pw-covenant-

Asked by -pw-covenant- at 10:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I try--♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Absolutely! It is essential to their sense of self.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yes I always make sure that I can spend one on one time with my kids. I only have 3 so it's not that hard.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yes, We all spend time together but my youngest naps earlier then my oldest so I get time with my oldest. Then when he naps I get time with my youngest.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• two older ones (10 and 14) are my step kids, i am sahm
    i try to encourage their father to spend individual time with each
    when he goes to store i tell him to take a kid

10 yr old is girl, so i do spend time alone with her, but lately she perfers to have a friend over , so my barbie time is reduced and she does not want me to play barbies with her anymore-must have grown out of wanting adult to play along

14 yr old is boy, so i joke with him but he does not need or want an old lady step mom hanging out, unless i am giving him oportunity to make fun of my age, lack of computer game knowledge-he does like to make fun of me on this stuff, so i give him lots of chances, he is even growing out of this
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yes, I've almost got 6 and still do. Individual attention is VERY important.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 10:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• When ours were growing up, I honestly did not think in terms of spending one-on-one time with them. I was so busy taking care of them, the home, the yard, the gardens and all the rest, that I was most concerned with seeing to it that everything was covered. I am sure that there were times when I was alone with each of them, but those are not the times where I think they learned what made them who they are today. They are each very family oriented persons, and they are all very selfless, and I think that may be the result in part to the fact that that is what they learned from their growing up days. Life was not so much about them individually. It was more about the family as a whole and taking care of one another. Their daddy worked long, hard hours so I could be at home with them, and we had to all work together to see to it that everything got done. So, I'm not so sure one-on-one time is all that important overall.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I absolutely do. We have special Mommy/Helen/Phillip/Ben/Josh days. We go do whatever they want to do - usually with Helen it's shopping then out to lunch - with Phillip and Ben - they're into their video games - we hit Gamestop and trade some games, grab lunch then it's a free for all video game afternoon. Josh is more easy going. He'll do whatever. I love spending time with my kids!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 10:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I try. My husband and I try to do a date night with each of the kids (we have 4). We each take one child and go on a date. We have the best time! We don't get to do it as often as we like but when we do it makes great memories.

Last time I went with my 11 year old son. He wore suit and tie and I dressed very nice. We went to Red Lobster to eat. When the waitress asked us if it was a special occasion I said no, my son is just taking me on a date. Everyone was so impressed the chef even came out to check it out. Said he had heard about it in the kitchen.

My daughter and I have "girls day out". We get manicures, pedicures and haircuts then go walk around the mall. She is 10. She always tells her daddy "Me and Mom need a girls day out."

My two older sons (18 & 14) don't want to hang out with us very much but we still try to take time to visit them in their rooms for some one on one talks.
    DreamGone

Answer by DreamGone at 10:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My husband and I do try and spend some one-on-one time with each of our kids, but we really value family time and make that a priority. You will often find all of us together - whether it be at the store, the movies, the park, or wherever!
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2010