Baby dust??

My little brother is moving in with us. My mom is a single mom and going through a really hard time, and he's 15 years old. My DD is 15 months old and we were planning on trying for another soon. Do you think it's a bad idea to try again while he's living with us? He'll be here for the next four years of high school, so waiting til he leaves would be kinda ridiculous. He's a good kid though and loves kids, so he'd be good with them.

What do you guys think? Our house is big enough and everything, I'm just kinda doubting myself cuz a newborn is loud lol.. and I want him to feel at home here :)

MomtoElliett

Asked by MomtoElliett at 10:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• no just carry on with your family! i see no issues what so ever with having kids while he is there. it might make him a better husband and dad someday!
    strawberryLVR

Answer by strawberryLVR at 11:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Go for it. Sounds like he'll be a great uncle to them.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i wouldnt wait until ur brother finishes school. he sounds like a great fun uncle but at the end of the day he is moving into UR house so u cant stop everything because he has moved in. plus you dont know how long it will take to conceive baby#2. good luck
    shell394

Answer by shell394 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would go ahead and start TTC. Honestly, while you want him to feel at home, the best way to do that is to make him feel like part of your immediate family! I would not put my plans on hold because he was there, in fact, I would treat my plans the same way I would if I had a child his age!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Go ahead. If he is there through the whole process then he will be ready for the baby just like he was one of your own. He will adjust and love the baby just like he loves your current child. Just keep him in the loop and part of it all and it will all work out.

And he will be an extra set of hands when the baby is born. He can help keep your DD occupied while you care for the new baby. She will have the hardest time adjusting (She won't have Mommy and Daddy all to herself any more.)

I have four childern and the hardest adjustment for me to make was from 1 child to 2. It will be a huge help to have an older "sibling/unlce" to help out.
    DreamGone

Answer by DreamGone at 11:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2010