Do any of u moms use the Mirena?

After my 6 week checkup i decided i wanted to have the Mirena. It lasts 5 years so i was like hey, 5 years...NO WORRIES! Now i am hearing of women having problems with it attatching to the uterus...i think its the uterus not sure exactly what it attatched to but STILL thats scary!!! So far i have only had like really dark spotting during my monthlies and i was wondering if any of you have had any problems?

IziksMommy09

Asked by IziksMommy09 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Health

• I've had mine for 4yrs now and thus far no issues. I am looking forward to reusing it next year as well(I intend to replace it when its due to be removed). Some women are prone to issues and some have none! My family history isn't aqueeky clean but when it comes to b.c. we have little to no risks at all. Honestly ANY b.c. has side effects and or health issues that occur because of it; its up to us to research what we are intersted in trying, weighing the pro's and con's, thus ultimately deciding whats best for us. I chose the mirena because I get pregnant on the pill, and if on depo prob would forget or couldn't make the appointment, I refuse to touch anything inside me for 3 weeks(let alone sticking my fingers up there; they carry germs, and yes hand washing aids in that but remember you handled it prior to that); for me its simplicity period!!! Oh, and it last for 5yrs! No other b.c. does; yet!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I got my Mirena put in back in December '09. I spotted for a long time (2 months) and that was that. I've only had 2 "periods" since getting it put in (but I was told that could happen, and they may just stop coming all together). I'll have some cramping (which I never really had before) but I'll spot a little for about 2 days, and that's about it.

Other than that, I like it. It was the best option for me. I didn't want to go back to using condoms (who does?), and I knew I'd never remember to take a pill at the same time every day being a new mom and a nervous wreck.
    vileincarnation

Answer by vileincarnation at 11:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I had one and it was a total disaster! I got infection after infection as if my body was fighting it off. I had to be on antibiotics etc. I had a period...not spotting a full blown period from March until he finally took it out in July. I would never recomend that thing to anyone I know!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2010