How do you react to your husband when he.....

When he is being mean to you? Like belittling you, or making feel like you can't tell or teach him anything?

randerykah

Asked by randerykah at 11:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Thats a good ? I was dealing with that yesterday my self. He is Cranky all day because he had to go back to work after his Vacation and was so pissy with me. Not yelling at me.. but anything I tried to talk to him about he was grumpy.. which drove me nuts I felt like I was walking on egg shells. If I tell him I feel he is being rude or hurt my feelings he usually doesnt think he did any wrong but appologizes for "HOW I TOOK IT" insted of what actually happened. Also he tells me I am to emotional insted. Let me know what you come up with.. lol..
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If he is being mean, tell him. I had to tell SO he was saying hurtful things. It was that simple and he stopped.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• tell him that u dont like it and he would like it if u did it to him just be up front with him and good luck
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Mine never acts that way. Sorry.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 11:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• hmm..sry hun, my dh is not mean to me, not even when i am mean to him. But i would say if he is being mean to you tell him that he is hurting your feelings and ask him how he would like it if it was you saying stuff like that to him!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 11:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'll usually tell him to shut his mouth until he can talk to me without the attitude.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My husband doesn't ever treat me that way.

If he did. I would first ask him to stop. Then I would explain what he is doing that is bothering me, why it's bothering me and want to know why he was doing it.

If after a period of time, and a few talks, he did not stop. I would come to the conclusion that there is a respect issue in our relationship and I would begin address that issue with him. And hopefully be able to work together towards a mutually satisfying and respectful solution.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:38 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Mine has never been like that either...we've been married for almost 10 years
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Well mine doesn't do that to me..so idk
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I ask mine what his problem is. That usually gets through, he realizes he is being a jerk and he stops.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2010