how do i know if a rash is worth going to the er for??

my son has been sick for the past two days throwing up and had a fever. His fever broke yesterday but now he woke up with this rash all over his face and back and stomach. Should I take him to the hospital???

MomOfCarson

Asked by MomOfCarson at 11:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try googling "rash pics" to see what type of rash your son has. It could just be a symptom of his cold, or an allergic reaction to any medication.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Sounds like a virus. They can't do anything for that. I would give the doctor a call and see what he says.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• sounds like roseola or 5ths disease... once the fever spikes and the rash appears it has run its course and there is nothing the er can do for you
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• sometimes with strep there can be a rash, depending on he sick he is you may want to take him to a dr.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• The rash could have been caused by the fever. The ER or doctors wont do much about a rash (trust me I have been in the doctors several times over rashes and they do nothing about it) unless it has been there for awhile (two weeks or so) and then they may just refer you to a dermatologist.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2010