Mirena: Is it effecting YOU like it is ME? HELP!?

Hey Moms! I am almost 21, i have a 17 month girl. I had Mirena put in ASAP because i didnt want another baby right away. Other moms i've talked to lost there sex drive but then it came back. Im almost 21 and married, and i want to WANT sex like i used to. we used to do it every day and now its like once or twice a week if that, and to get that he like begs me, and it makes me feel so guilty. i love him, im attracted to him. I just dont want to have sex. im 20 and should WANT sex.

My husband wants me to take out the Mirena because he thinks thats why i dont want to have sex anymore,but i just know when i take the Mirena out ill get pregnant and i dont want that. i dont trust pills.

Any moms out there with Mirena who are having the same problem? Or have a similar problem without the Mirena? Or have a solution?

babySTAR09

Asked by babySTAR09 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Its not the mirena!!! If you are stressed, over tired, not eating right, all about baby and husband, or anything close to or related to the mentioned then you need an out let, changing your b.c. won't change your sex drive!!! Sometimes your just not in the mood! And just because your 20 does not mean you should be a horn dog!!! Some women don't reach their sexual peak until their mid to late 30's or 40's!!! There is nothing wrong with you, you are normal and going through normal changes!!! You might even be getting to know yourself again because having a baby does change us in some way or another, even throws our hormones, thoughts, emotions, and sex drive out of whack. If you need him to stimulate you or need to be turned on then tell him how or if your not comfortable go about setting the mood yourself. Until then let him know its not him and that you need him to be the understanding husband he said he would be. GL and BW!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i had paragard and i thought the same thing i will get this and dont have to worry about getting pregnant but it hurt all the time and my hubby didnt really want to have sex because he could feel it and i just was not liking it at all and then after 1month of me having it it came out i was scared at first but it is like everything is back to normal we have sex we r careful when we do but good luck
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I've had the mirena for a few months now and it hasn't decreased my sex drive at all. Any parter that I have also doesn't have any issue with feeling it. I tend to agree with the first poster.
    yezay

Answer by yezay at 12:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010