how can i get my three year old to listen?

my daughter does not listen at all i try everything but it seems nothing works. my son was very good and still is but my daughter i don't know what it is. i will tell her not to do something she does it any way

julz0307

Asked by julz0307 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wish I had the answer. My 4yr old DS does the same things. I try to be stern and follow through with everything but he just trys and tests me with EVERY THING I tell him to do. He will only listen to me when I finally get mad and I hate being mad at him all the time. He only does this with me, my sister, my mom, and my grandma, but he listens well with my step-dad and my DH.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Lol I ask mine if I need to take her to the doctor to see if she has rocks in her ears. Do you use the corner or any other type of time out method? When mine doesn't listen I put her in the corner for 4 minutes. One minute for each year of her age. She can't stand it and listens after she comes out.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Well I found that this works......my best friend has two boys and she puts them in time out and makes them hold there arms above there head the whole time they are in time out.....LOL.....as you can imagine not very pleasent.....lol. Since they dont like it they tend to not be bad so they dont have to go to time out. Who knew making them hold there little arms up in the air would work, LOL.
    camrynsmom2001

Answer by camrynsmom2001 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2010