anyone know of anything bad about the Essure sterilization method?

I am considering Essure as my method of sterilization. I am 45 and have 3 kids, am happily married, and usually have very regular cycles, although this seems to be changing. I like the fact that this method is easy on my body, very little recouperation time, and mostly- no hormones! I always gain at least 10 lbs when I go on the pill. During all my research, however, I can never find anyone with any horror stories about it. I don't usually trust anything that sounds "too good to be true," so I thought I would check here to see if anyone knows anything they are willing to share.

Thank you in advance

sciteachr

Asked by sciteachr at 11:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Health

• im getting tubes tired after this baby, but imo at being 45 almost at menopause (no insult meant) id get on the mirena or paraguard which is good for 5-10 yrs vs putting something in your body that you have to be on b.c. for 3 months anyways till the skin seals around the coils imo its is 2 new to know what the coils will do later on in life
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 11:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I do know about this procedure> My gynecologist prescribed some Vicodin and some Valium before the procedure to relax and not have any pain. Well I went by myself and was ready to have procedure done. Well guess what I was the 2% which it didn't work on. My cervix, didn't cooperate. Well thank God my husband, got fixed. Sorry I couldn't be any more help. It seemed to me this was the perfect solution. The procedure seems to be great, just wasn't for me.
    parra1

Answer by parra1 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2010