How 2 get your child pottytrained when they don't want 2 even get near it?

My daughter will be 3 next month and I've been trying to pottytrain her since the begining of the year. She won't do it. She throws a fit everytime you tell her to go sit on her pottychair and try. Even if you mention the Huggies pull up commercial when its on,she won't even look at it,she gets mad. I tell her "you needs to learn how to use the lil toliet" and she goes "No toliet". and makes faces and walks off. Is there any ideas that will help. I've looked online and tried but no luck. My older 2 were easy. Why is she hard?I want to put her in Preschool next month or Sept. and they have to be pottytrained.

brokenheartmom

Asked by brokenheartmom at 11:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• DON'T PUSH THE POTTY you will make him run even farther from it try bribes or treats if he isn't ready he won't use it period
    jennette0704

Answer by jennette0704 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• well i have learned htrough having an almost four year old that force will make her fight back. mine is still in pullups. sometimes she chooses to wear underwear and those days she uses the toilet but the fact is we have a baby in diapwers and that is what my olivia was before the baby so thats what she still wants to be and forcing her makes it far worse. she is old enough that if she goes in her pullup i wont change it for her. she gets her new pullup and a wipey and changes herself! eventually she will see that being able to change her own diaper doesnt make her a baby and she will make the choice to stop.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• my daughter is n preschool and shes not potty trained. you can find one where she doesnt have to be.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Is she scared of it? My daughter was scared. She NEVER sat on the potty until she was 3 1/2. Then we kind of forced her. We saw she was about to poop in her diaper. My husband yelled at her and made her go on the potty. He sat in the bathroom with her for about an hour. Finally she went. Well she was so proud of herself she ran upstairs and put on undies. That was it, she was trained. She never wore a diaper again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• No shes not scared of it.She'll sit on it but doesn't want to go in it.Idk y she doesn't want to try.she'll wear her lil panties here nd there.After she has an accident she wants pullups back on. She'll even tell me she needs a new pull up.
    brokenheartmom

Comment by brokenheartmom (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• No Underwear! With my youngest, now almost 3, she refused. When I wouldn't allow her to wear her pull ups or big girl panties,which also meant no pants, she quickly learned that she had to use the restroom. I did this only when she was at home and when she had an accident she had to clean it up. Of course I came behind her and cleaned it properly but she had to do it. Good luck!
    CandiGram

Answer by CandiGram at 1:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Get rid of the pull ups completely. Use underwear only. (except at night).
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2010