I was raped 3 weeks ago. And I need a little reassurance.

3 weeks ago I went to a party with my friends. I didn't want to go (I don't like to party) but since my ex and I split up a year ago I haven't had much of a life and they thought they could cheer me up.

They both got drunk and I didn't drink at all...and I don't want to really give any details but the short and short of it is...a guy dragged me down stairs and raped me. He left after that and no one was able to identify him. I gave a description to the police and I went to the hospital to be checked out.

While at the hospital I forgot to ask some questions....I was in shock and well I just didn't ask.

He wore a condom...I'm safe from ALL stds...right?
I'm scared. I don't have a clue who this guy is and I have a little girl to worry about. If that man got me sick..I'd just...

Just please tell me I'm safe.

I had lacerations on my vagina and I'm scared that I could have gotten something from the skin to skin conta

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Health

• I am so sorry this happened to you. I am sure they did tests for things while you were at the hospital? I would follow up and get tested again and just talk to your doctor to ease your fears.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• – collapse
    He wore a condom while raping you? I call troll.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• How can you attack any woman claiming rape? That is sick.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 12:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I am so sorry this happened to you. Call the ER of the hospital you went to or your doctor. Explain what you said here, that you should have asked more questions, and talk to someone. They will be able to tell you who treated you. Also, did they offer any rape counseling? Ask for it even if you just go once. I hope you will be OK. HUG
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• They should have done tests for it. Most likely you're safe, but you should call the doctor and ask what they did and the results. If they examined you then they noticed the lacerations.
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that. And give you so much credit for having the courage to report it and go to the hospital.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm sure the hospital you went to checked for that stuff.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't want to scare you or worry you anymore, but the honest answer is no, you're not 100% safe from STD's. It's something you need to be aware of so you know what to look for and so you know to take all precautions if you're intimate with anyone else. You should schedule a doc appt asap. Write a list of questions to ask b/c when it comes time for the appt you'll prolly be too nervous to remember everything. I'm sooo sorry for what happened to you, and I truly hope no more harm will be added to what has already been done. GL Mama and my prayers are with you.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i would contact the hospital or police department and make sure they didnt find any semen.it takes godily fluids to pass on bad diseases, not just skin to skin. and just ignore miss annon bashing. plenty of men are smart enough to know if you dont wear a condom you get caught.....why are people such b$#*%es! anyway stay strong. call the police sation and ask for the victims advocacy # they will pay for counselling and whatever you need to get through this, its rough but you will make it,.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I feel so bad for you and I am sorry this happened to you, the hospital will run some test and like the above poster said, just follow up with the doctor/hospital to make sure all the tests were negative. I would also go back in 3-6 months and have a second set of test done for all STD's, HIV etc.....I am sure you are just fine and everything is going to be alright. I do recommend counseling for this terrible thing that happened to you, it may help with anxiety and stress. Good Luck girl. :)
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 12:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• actually i know they would prob wear condoms so they dont leave any DNA sperm residue inside the woman
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 12:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010