What do u with money given to your baby?

My baby had his 1st bday party last weekend and got lots of presents and money! he has more money in his wallet then me.lol. Im thinking of saving it and when it reaches like $1,000 open some kind of bank account for him.

I was just wondering what do other parents do with the money they get from bday parties, christmas or whatever.

BrittanyD07

Asked by BrittanyD07 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Opening and account is a great idea. Never too early to start the college fund. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Buy them toys,clothes,diapers

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We saved it all and put it towards a college savings account.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• put it in a savings account. my husband is transferring his gi bill to our kids, but we are still saving to cover the difference
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't think my babies have ever gotten cash as a gift. If they needed something then we probably would have bought it. But other than that, yes, opening up a savings acct for them would be perfect.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i always put it toward things she needed.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We opened a savings account and we invest in Certificates of Deposit (CDs) when we find a good rate.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• US Savings Bond
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I vote for a cd personally-
    my niece was saving money for a american girl doll- looks like she's reached it as of last week.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Since my first is due in September, I can tell you what I will do. We am going to open a savings accounts and put all money given to kid into up to a certain age, not yet decided. After that, the kid has the option of saving or spending money she receives. But we would also add more money from our pay checks and it will be like a college fund for the kid.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 12:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010