Do you eat Hummus?

I just found the joys of Hummus the other day when I had to bring in a cultural food item for work. Hummus is so good and its healthy. Hummus is made out of Chickpeas. I'm eating Roasted Pine nut Hummus right now (80 calories per serving). I'm using it as a dip (wheat thins). It can be used so many ways though. Have you ever ate Hummus? Do you like it? What ways do you incorporate Hummus in your diet?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 12:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yep! My 5yr old son love it! We just use it as dip mostly, but sometimes I will spread it on a soft tortilla, instead of mayo, when making a wrap.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yes I love hummus so yummy!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I love hummus! Especially with Pita! Or veggies.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 12:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We love hummus! My now 10 & 12 yr olds "discovered" it when they were 2 &4. They will literally just eat spoonfuls of the stuff. It has to be store bought, though, and preferably Sabra brand. My son doesn't like it when we make it at home.

They take it on sandwiches for lunch at school. Dip crackers and pita in it. Last night we had it with falafel.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I sub hummus for mayo in my tunafish. I just got done eating a can of white albacore mixed with hummus, frozen peas and chopped pickles. I love using it for tuna salad because you really don't have to season it if you get the different varieties. My middle child used to eat it it by the bowlful, too!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I love it with pita bread and Tabbouleh. (Lebanese salad)
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I love it! I just use regular crackers.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Not regularly but I do eat it. It's yummy! I like it with pitas or as a dip for veggies or crackers.

And apparently I need a bit more coffee because when I first saw this question my brain read : Do you eat humans? LOL!!
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 12:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I LOVE Hummus. I like the Tribe brand Forty Spice flavor hummus. I eat it with wheat thins flatbreads (less fat/sodium than regular wheat thins), or with garlic Naan bread! So yummy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We love it with slices of sweet bell pepper. Delicious!
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 12:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2010