Am I compromising myself for a friendship full of termoil???

My friend and her fiance' live a life that I dont agree with. They are raising 3 kids...a 16 yr old boy (hers) a 13 yr old girl (his) and a 2 yr old son (theirs). These two don't work, he does on occasion (temp service etc), so they stay up til all hours of the night on the computer etc and sleep all day. Their lives are full of DRAMA in regards to friends and family on a daily basis. Its as though they thrive on it. They pirate movies, brag about how much they get in food stamps and constantly take advantage of people. The Girl basically raises the 2 yr old, cleans the whole house, does all the laundry and has been grounded for 2 yrs for various reasons (most normal teenage stuff), making me wonder if they keep her grounded for their benefit. At 13 if she gets into trouble she gets beaten with a paddle. I hate that. She recently ran away to her grandmas and they got her back. They are too caught up in their stuff to help her!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are asking this, then yes you are compromising yourself. Call CYS and report them as far as the children. Then wash your hands of the situation entirely.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Don't be friends and don't worry about their life and they way they live it. Just drop the friendship and worry about your life. Easy.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would tell them that their lifestyle does not match at all with yours & that you would rather not be part of their drama. I would also tell them that i hate watching how they raise their kids & that i cannot be friends with people like that.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010