7 weeks pregnant and JUST FELL IN THE SHOWER

How many other women have had a really bad scare like this?
Did you miscarry or was everything ok?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 12:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your baby is very VERY well protected. Your uterus is still down inside your pelvis and so is protected by the bone. There is almost no way for you to have hurt the baby by falling in the shower.

I didn' thave that happen, but I did have kids jump on my belly, both during my pregnancy with my daughter and this one. Baby is cushioned right now by your skin, fat, muscle, bone, uterus, and the water they live in. There's no way you hurt the baby unless you broke your pelvis.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• At 7 weeks, many women don't realize they are pregnant. Your uterus is way down by your pubic bone right now, so it's really doubtful that you will miscarry or cause any damage to your growing baby. I understand you're freaked, but try not to worry so much just yet. :-) I was told by my Dr. with my last pregnancy that there's a thick layer of protection surrounding your baby when you're in early stages of pregnancy. So a fall in the shower would probably not cause any harm to your baby. Sucks for you, though. I know how sore you end up from falling like that because I've done it a few times.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• When I was about 10 weeks I fell on the ice. I was fine. The baby is so tiny and is really cushioned in there. If you're worried, call the doctor. That'll help ease your mind!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I slipped on the stairs once but I was seven months and the baby was fine. For you, however, I would call the doctor and get checked out. How bad did you fall? Did you land on your stomach?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I fell down the stairs when I was visibly pregnant. Not on my belly, but I bruised my butt... baby was fine :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 12:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I fell when I was around 12 weeks around there but I landed on my back. I'm 26 weeks today and everything is fine. I think you should be fine especially since baby is still so small.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Just to make sure everythingis alright (and I'm sure it is) I would call up the doc and see if they'd like you to come in. They will probably want to do an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay.
    I feel when I was 8 months my last pregnancy..right on my belly..slipped on the ice outside. Everything was fine, just had to get checked.
    Good Luck..and try not to worry too much! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i think its okay..not every day of course but your baby is very well cushioned by amniotic fluid and what not....i was in a car accident on the high way when i was six months pregnant with my son...hurt like a bitch i was so scared but thats what all the medical ppl i talked to had told me....but see your doctor if you think something is wrong.
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010