How do you not care?

I want to be one of those unforgiving people. A guy that I was seeing on and off turned out to me a pathological liar and many times i gave him chances and took his word, but this last time i just wont do it again. It's really hard for me to just not care and let him go. He's just really not a good person and not someone that I should want around my son. How do people find that strength to at least act like they don't care?

yezay

Asked by yezay at 12:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to think of yourself and what is best for you first. Put yourself first. You can be a caring person and still know that you have to stay away from people like him. Do what is right for you! GL
    Anonymous

• not someone that I should want around my son

there's your strength
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You have to love yourself first & know you deserve better. That always helps me not care (at least seem like i don't care) Love yourself more, * tell yourself that you deserve better. It's OK to miss him though, but don't be calling him crying or anything. He needs to go & i think you realize that. Just keep telling yourself that you are worth so much more than that pathological, untrustworthy liar.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You can't act like it, you have to truly feel it!!! Sometimes we know someone is bad for us but the heart wants it or in some way we feel we deserve it. Think about a close relative who treated you like this or acted in some similar way; usualy mom or dad or some other close relative; a stand in, and look at the similarities because they are there!!! You have to realize that you can not fix this person or make them change for the better!!! I realized that my s/o was like my mom and that I over looked the abuse because I thought if I can fix this then I will know how to resolve the issues with my mom! He didn't change until he stopped smoking weed and saw with a clear mind what he was doing to me; there are glimpses of the old him there so I know more progress is to be made; but not all men are willing to make change! You need to figure out what you want and what you're willing to do to get it!!! GL and BW
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Just shut it down. Youre still going to care..especially if your a caring type of person. Each time you go to reach for the phone to call him...go find something else to do. Occupy your mind and your time.Change your number if you have to. Keep too busy for him. Good Luck..I know it can be hard..but trust me, you can do it and you'll be happoer for it in the end. I've been there too.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Think of how he does not care and how you have given him chance after chance to get right. I would also think about the lies he might tell your son and the possible damage that could come of this think about that and it will help you not care. Also think about what you want and how long your willing to go without it. You should move on. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010