holy crap the morning sickness is bad this time!

i have only actually puked 4 times but the nausea is dizzying! my stomache is spinning all the time and it gives me headaches! i got the preggie pops and they worked for previous pregnancies but not this one! any ideas.

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 12:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Avoid warm places as heat can increase the nausea feelings.
    Take naps during the day (but not right after eating). Tiredness plays a big part in morning sickness.
    Get enough sleep at night.
    Get out of bed slowly in the morning.
    Try eating plain crackers or dry cereal before you get out of bed in the morning.
    Smells:

Open windows or turn on exhaust fans when cooking and after meals.
    Cooking in the microwave usually produces less odors.
    Silly as it sounds, carry a handkerchief with a few drops of a non nausea causing essential oil (lemon for example) in it and breath through it if you can't get away from the smell that is bothering you.
    Food and Drink:

Avoid greasy or spicy foods as they often cause nausea or heartburn.
    Eat what you want when you want it. Your cravings will not lead you the wrong way.
    Have frequent protein snacks. (Low fat meats and seafood, nuts, eggs and beans
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Michele068 is right on the money with all the suggestions I wish I would have read this somewhere when I was pregnant with my daughter...I was sooo sick the first 4 months I lost 20+ lbs because I couldnt stop throwing up....The key is to follow the advice above :) and stay ahead of it,meaning you will constantly be eating or drinking and dont ever let yourself get hungry because after it sets in it's hard to get it under control well at least it was for me...oh and dont let yourself get dehydrated that makes it worse...Believe me I know this is easier said than done especially when you are smack dab right in the middle of it but this to shall pass and in the end it will all be worth it....I remember the sickness clear to this day but when I look at my beautiful daughter I think to myself I would have done it no matter what(sickness and pain) because this is the gift god gave me and she's wonderful...Good Luck and Best Wishes
    armywife2bnm

Answer by armywife2bnm at 3:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2010