How do you cook salmon?

I have grilled it or pan-sauted it with butter, garlic, chicken broth and seasonings. What are your favorite ways to cook salmon? Salmon patties are good, too.

doodlebopfan

Asked by doodlebopfan at 12:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My families fave is to have it marinated with some orange and/or pineapple juice ,low sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce, brown sugar ,minced garlic or garlic powder all day is best but a couple of hours is good also.Then grill,saute or bake.If I bake or saute I use the marinade so I guess it is more of a poach but I have sauteed it also.Then we like homemade or store bought pico de gallo or salsa...very mild for us daughter doesn't like heat ...and add some crushed pineapple without juice.Pour mix over fish serve with rice and broccoli and Cesar salad.The first time took effort but once done it is quick and easy and yummy.There are a lot of marinade and ideas under salmon on AllRecipes.com

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I like your chicken broth idea and poached is yummy too. It says nice and moist that way.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• wrapped in tin foil with butter and lemmon juice and bake or bbq.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i make a mixture of honey, worcestershire sauce & butter then i cook on the grill, skin side down (or on tin foil) & pour the liquid on top & let it cook SO, SO, SO GOOD! I still have fresh salmon in our deep freezer from our fishing trip a few months back.  LOVE salmon fishing!!!!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Sometimes we marinate in Shiner Bock, sprinkle it with Paul Prudome's Red Fish seasoning or some other spice blend, and then grill it. Sometimes we mix up butter or olive oil with seasonings and coat it with that before we grill it. We've also done it grilled with a bourbon and brown sugar glaze.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2010