How do I tell her to leave???

So a "friend" and her kids came to visit at my new house. First off, her teenage son offered to help with the move and has been her for 2 weeks already, now her and her other 2 boys are here and plan on being here for another 2 days. Her teenage son has turned into an obnoxious brat lately and she is lying to me about things that really shouldn't be an issue, but she can't seem to just be honest. I am so fed up and disgusted. I told her 2 oldest to do the dishes after dinner and she had to jump up and help them because it was too much for them and made excuses for them. lol fyi it took them like 10 minutes to do them without her help; I waited till she went outside and told them to do them again. She lets her almost 15 year old sleep in her bed and it is gross. She also hasn't offered to buy any food for any of them. I have paid around $200 for groceries and I only have 3 people at my house that live here permanently.

cjzmom

Asked by cjzmom at 12:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• If it were me, I would say something like, "I sure have enjoyed y'all being here. When was it you said you had to leave again?", lol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Tell her that you appreciate her son's help, but it's time to go! That would drive me insane! Sounds like she is taking advantage of your friendship.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Also, it is an 8 hr drive for her to go home. Is it too rude to just tell her I am tired of her and I want her to leave?? I'm not one to be rude, but at this point, I am willing to cut ties...it is getting that bad. Plus she has not offered to help out in any way at the house and either sits around my house texting or going outside to smoke and talk on the phone...way rude if you ask me....ugh...Help!!
    cjzmom

Comment by cjzmom (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• yeah, she is totally taking advantage. I would tell her that i cannot afford to keep feeding her kids. OR, knowing myself, i would say that my mother is coming for a visit & she & her kids need to be gone in 2 days.

You need to put your foot down, stop letting her take advantage of you, get her out of your house SOMEHOW!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would just tell her-
    but here's the bad news. You may not be able to get her to leave. I'd talk to a lawyer. thing is, you let her in and once you did, it may not be easy to get her to leave. She may have rights to stay there even if it is your house.

I think time for being nice may be over
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You have to tell her outright she has to go either she has to help or go I would reword it but its bets if you say it outright or she will become a somewhat permanent fixture. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'd just tell her to get her kids and find another place you can't have her staying there any longer sorry for any inconvenience this causes she's taking advantage of you anyways so who cares how mad she gets it's your house and she's worn out her welcome. call the police to have her removed if you have to you don't need someone like this in your life she's a leech she enjoys living off of you and not paying a dang thing...I don't think it's a friendship worth keeping anyways GL:)
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I've been dealing with people like that for years, good luck. A good way to get people out, is stop stocking the house with food :) They always leave if there isn't anything to eat.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It does sound like she needs to be put in her place. Okay so it's an 8 hour drive. My friends drove 17 hours from Chicago to VA to visit me and only stayed a week lol. She has more than worn out her welcome. Tell her that you cannot continue to do this without any help, and that she needs to ske-daddle. She's not taking your feelings into consideration, so I think hers shouldn't be either.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i dont understand what in the is going on you ask for some of this crap you should have known something was up when she was willing to drivw 8 hrs. for her son to help you move who does come on 8 hrs. what you should have done is paid her son something and told them if it wasnt real late girl look im tired from moving bout to get some rest call me when you all make it home if it was late wait til morning and tell her you got more runs to make for the new house and to call when they make it home safe but since you didnt pull her to the side and ask her whats up and when she ask you what you talking about you let her know you're talking about everything that you just told us and tell her we just got here ourselves and we wanna unpack and get our house together and we cant do that with company because we'll never get things done okay NOW if she got half a brain she'll saddle up her children and get the hell outta there LOL
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 12:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2010