I asked about the FALL in the SHOWER, about 5 minutes ago...

If I'm going to miscarry, there's nothing to prevent it, right?
They're telling me to go to the ER (Even though I'm not bleeding), to get checked out. (They being my PCM)

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 12:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I HATE HATE HATE it when everyone freaks out over nothing and sends a mom in a panic to the hospital.

YOU CANNOT HAVE HURT YOUR BABY. It's just physically impossible. And yes, if you're going to miscarry then there's nothing they can do about it anyway.

You will get to the ER, they will draw blood, run a pregnancy test, do a pelvic exam and MAYBE if you're REALLY LUCKY do an ultrasound, but probably not.

There is no reason for you to spend hours and hundreds or thousands of dollars in the hospital for this. None.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• yeah if you're going to m/c at seven weeks there's nothing you can do, unfortunately. You just have to let nature take its course on that one. It sucks. Trust me.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• No, you can not prevent a miscarriage if its already happening.
    But you need to go to the hospital to make sure everything is alright.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• To everyone who says go to the hospital...

Do you want to foot that bill? What do you think needs checked out? Mom isn't complaining of horrible pain or protruding bones, I think she's alright. What do you think the ER can do for her except send her a ginormous bill?

Seriously, the hospital is for emergencies. There isn't an injury or a major illness here, she just fell in the shower! It's not like she's 90!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• well if you don't want to go to the hospital call ur doctor and schedule and emergency appoitment. For MC that early theres nothing anyone can do but it just depends how hard you fell. A baby at 7 weeks is so small and has alot of protection. I've heard of people falling of bikes and stuff like that this early on and the baby is fine. You'd only be going for peace of mind really. You can still have a MC without bleeding, but wouldn't you like to know? If they don't do an ultrasound at the hospital you can ask your doctor and they can schedule one for you soon to find out. GL.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• no,sorry at 7 wks if you're miscarrying,there's no hope

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Go to the ER and have them tell you. Don't let a bunch of amatures tell you what's gonna happen.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would go in if it was me. I highly doubt there is anything wrong, but if your PCM suggest it I would go.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If you are going to...no there's not much anyone can do about it. They may want you to go in for your own peace of mind. Let us know, please. Hope all is well.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Call your obgyn!!
    Dodie702

Answer by Dodie702 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010