who here know moms who make their parents watch their kids all the time..

Most of what i see where i live is it seems like most of the moms will have their moms take care of their children while they are at work, goin to go shopping, or if they arent married to go hang out with the BF til all hours of the night.
It irritates me b/c i am a full time sahm, and seeing this just makes me feel like crap and angry at those moms

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I see that a lot.. aggravates the hell outta me!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My SIL does. He youngest is at Grandma's from 6am to 7pm Mon-Fri,and her older one is there before and after school til 7pm. My SIL works 1st shift til 3,then has her "me" time,and then goes home. Her husband picks the kids up after he's done working. He does a 6-6 and works out of town a ways.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I am a married SAHM, but my mom does take some combination of my kids overnight a few times a week. She does it because she wants to though, she lives alone and they are good company. She lives really close though and knows if they act up or miss me I can be there in less than 10 minutes. My in laws live close too but I hardly ever have them watch the kids even though unless I am really in a pinch, but they'd do it all the time if I let them but I won't because they fall asleep and fly off the handle and I just don't trust them. I know it's hard if you don't have relatives to help out but these grandparents mostly do it because they want to. If moms are taking advantage of that and leaving them with parents who aren't even watching them well or are being putting out, that's a different situation.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I know a couple moms like that, and honestly I'm a little jealous. I'm not close to my family and they have never offered to babysit, so I think it would be nice to have a mom or family that would watch my sons sometimes. But then I think about it, and it feels good to know that I am raising them on my own without anyone's help. It just gets hard sometimes. I think if I was close to my family I wouldn't want them constantly caring for my kids though, only once in a while. I wouldn't want anyone to feel used or taken advantage of!
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Why does this make you feel like crap? I am one of those mom's whose children stay with their mom while I am is at work. My mom and MIL offer to watch my children while my husband and I work. My mom also is a full time teacher. My MIL has said that she does not want anyone other than her and my mom watching my kids. She doesn't trust anyone. At least I know that the people my children are with are keeping them safe, happy and healthy. I do not ask my mom to watch my kids so I can go "party." I need to work to earn money for my family. My husband and I work full time jobs, and we also both attend school.

I am sorry that you feel that way, but not all of us take advantage of our mothers.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 12:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yes i cant stand it.. I know someone who has her mom watch the kids all the time and even has a nanny on top if it.
    karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 12:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't know anyone who "makes" their mom watch their kid or kids. What I do see is grandparents taking pride in wanting to watch their grand-kids and spending whatever time they can with them.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• my mother takes my daughter 1 weekend a month fr-mon cause she lives two hrs away and that is her time to bond with her grand baby and then the other 3 friday nights she stays at his mom and dads house and i i was to stop that lol ooo they both would be upset lol
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 12:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Mothers are in charge of child care...we either can do the job ourselves or vender it out while we do another job...it is a gift to have a grandparent wanting to help rise their kids babies....

I wish I had that..and I plan to be that kind of grandmother really. Knowing how Mother's need to keep it together...these are precious years for us too....the more loving eyes in my child's life the better!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I do not know anyone like that most of the people I know work and have to pay for it. I would not waste any time getting mad about it its not going to stop.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2010