I feel like i am gonna lose it today!!!

AHHH!!! my 18 month old woke up at 8:30 this morning and has been nothing but whiny ALL DAY! I even layed him back down in his bed to see if it would help and he layed in there and played and talked for a while, but as soon as I got him back up he was whiny again. Lunch didn't go so great either...I at one point just couldn't handle another min of whinning so I yelled at him. :/ I feel awful for doing that...b/c it really scared him. I don't know what to do to help him. He is just whinning about any and everything! He doesn't seem or act sick, had 11 1/2 hours of sleep last night...have tons of toys that we have been playing with, turned the tv on for a lil entertainment and nothing seems to be helping.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe he's bored. He can also probably sense your mood. We all have bad days, and that includes toddlers. I don't know what to tell you, other than to hang in there, and I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Seems you are having one of those days mom! take a deep breath and think about how short of a time you will have them this small and that before you know it they will leaving you with an empty nest! Hang in there, this too shall pass!

Answer by older at 12:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Have you tried maybe taking your little one out for a walk? I know when my LO gets a little cranky, taking him for a walk typically calms him down. I know most places are hot right now so maybe just a stroll, good luck momma, just take a deep breath.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Maybe he's cutting a tooth?
    My daughter gets her whiny days and I get really frustrated sometimes too. Thats when I leave the room for a few, take a moment alone, take a breather. And then I just scoop her up and rock her and hold her in the rocking chair. I think sometimes she just wants to be cuddled or soothed and sometimes I don't recognize that because I;m so busy with other things.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My son is 23 months and gets like that sometimes. In fact he was like that the other day. Sometimes they get like that. Could be teething, could be boredom, you just dont know. What I do on days like that is just go with the flow. I dont worry about laundry or cleaning or anything just lay on the couch with him in your arms(if he will lay there) and turn on an interesting movie or show. IT works for my son. He loves the movie cars and will sit through that movie, maybe he will even fall asleep. Just keep trying things, take him to the park, walk or even a car ride. Like other mamas say toddlers have their bad days too and they do. Good luck and hang in there I know exactly how you feel.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• OP Here: Thanks moms, it is nap time now and he is resting, so I think I will take advantage and nap too today. We will see how it goes when he wakes up. Thanks for all the advice.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2010