Do you think it's a bad idea to strap baby's paci to the side of the crib?

DS always loses his paci over the side of the crib then wakes and cries for it. He can get it in his own mouth if it's available. So I thought I would use the strap that I use to strap it to the front of his shirt and strap it to the crib with a rubber band a few inches off the mattress. DH thinks it's dangerous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wubbanubs or Baby Best Friend- good luck!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 12:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I agree with DH he could twist and choke. I literally left like 8 pacis in my one kid's crib that used them. He hardly ever used his crib either but when he did I stockpiled the pacis there so he could find one.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I agree that I do not think that this is safe. Try putting several binkies in his bed so he always has one within reach.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 12:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't strap it.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Maybe this is a good time to get rid of it. Give it to the paci fairy!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• no, I don't think that's safe.

what about the little beanie baby pacifier holder thing? drawing a blank on the name but that would at least make it not roll out of the crib and it would be easy for him to find the animal since it's bigger.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I agree it is NOT safe! Just get up and get the paci. I've been doing it for almost 3 years. It gets annoying but my baby girl likes her paci so why shouldI get anoied lol.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Somewhere I have seen a pacifier attached to a small stuffed animal. Kids can find it easier and maybe it won't fall through the crib rails. I'll see if I can find the name for you.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 12:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't..it sounds dangerous.
    Dodie702

Answer by Dodie702 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yeah I agree that doesn't sound safe to me. My son had the same problem. He luckily was attached too much to it so if he did loose it in his sleep it was not a big deal. Could try and put another one in the crib next to him to see if he notices it if he loses the other one.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2010