Is DADT unconstitutional?

SAN DIEGO — A Republican gay rights group frustrated with the Obama administration's failure to repeal the "don't ask, don't tell" law is challenging the policy's constitutionality in federal court.

If the Log Cabin Republicans win their case, their lawyer says he will ask a federal judge to do what President Obama has so far failed to do – halt the policy immediately nationwide.

"Don't ask, don't tell" prohibits the military from asking about the sexual orientation of service members but requires discharge of those who acknowledge being gay or are discovered to be engaging in homosexual activity, even in the privacy of their off-base homes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/13/log-cabin-republicans-cha_n_644051.html

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it is!!!!

Answer by older at 12:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You certainly are not one to talk delilahs.What was that you said about growing up in another post? How about you take your own advice and realize you are talking down to an 81 yr old lady.Nates sorry about her but honestly she cannot help it..i'm sure a woman with all of your wisdom can understand ;)
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Nobody is saying to kiss anyones a@@ delilahs.

As for your question..because I think it helps keep some harmoney within the military.I also believe alot of hetro ladies on this site are more concerned with DADT than alot of actual gays serving.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• And?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You responded to me now you want to moan and say you were talking to nates.WHAAA

AND someone should tell you shouldn't be that way towards folks in their 80's (esp when you are NOT one to criticize anyone elses spelling/grammar) apparently your mother never did.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You was confliced? Wow and you're how old? Didn't they teach you grammer in school?

***

whistling

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• HAHA Lorikeet..isn't it pretty ironic?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm not sure, however I am sure that it is wrong and should be repealed since it never should have existed at all! If you want to serve your country than that is your choice. If you want to rosk your LIFE for a coutry who does not even give you basic civil rights that that should be an even bigger reason to be who you really are!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• This is idiotic... people or straight and some aren't.... so what? People need to accept it already because I am tired of the subject!
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think DADT should stay.If anything let the folks of the military decide they are the ones that have to deal with it all.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2010