When did you start using your Bumbo chair?

My son is only 3 months old. But he LOVES his bumbo seat!

How old was your child/ren when you started putting them in their bumbo seat?

brookelynnmom23

Asked by brookelynnmom23 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got it when my son was about 6 months old, so a little late, but he liked it..for about 5 minutes at a time, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Right around 3 1/2 months - 4 months. All 3 of mine LOVED it!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• 3-4 months old. When they are a little less wobbly.
    Dodie702

Answer by Dodie702 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• About 3/4 months old. My daughter liked it..not loved it but she liked it, lol.
    I think she felt constricted in it or something...she needs wide open spaces, LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My DS was a chub chub so he never really fit comfortably. He hated it and cried terribly. But please don't use it on an elevated surface like a table or counter. They recalled them right after I bought mine in 2007 and added a safety label because some children were able to wiggle out and tip & fall.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think I started between 3-4 months. It just all depends on your baby's development. Maybe it was more around 2 1/2 to 3 months now that I think about it. Because my son was sitting up on his own at 4 months.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Mine might have been a little younger, but my babies were big too and were sitting up and holding their heads up well early. I used mine mostly in the bathroom though to set her in while I was going or doing my hair etc. She never liked the little tray that just sits on. I think they may have made it more sturdy now though.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I found mine at a yard sale when my son was 4 months old...but had i had it sooner I would have used it sooner! I love those chairs :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• 4 months with my first and 2 1/2 with my second. My second always wants to be sitting up so it is great!! He loves it.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 1:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• when my son was able to keep his head up on his own, he's a preemie so we had to wait for him to try to get the consept of sitting but he was really small at 3 months he looked like a newborn. He was 4 months premature. We probably got him to sit in a bumbo when he was 7 months gestational and 5 months adjusted. It really helped him! Def recommend it!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2010