So, if the old testament no longer applies...

...since the son of god gave his life, then should the old testament be removed from the holy text?

*not a personal belief, just a concept I find interesting.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 1:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Lot of life answers in OT, Lot of comfort, lot of wisdom.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 1:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Like I said, not my belief, or even opinion... seems to be a concept running rampant in the new wave of uber christians, and super churches.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Old Testament? DOesn't every church have their own bible? Just asking as one who doesn't go to church. The bible my Mother's church uses is the King James version.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• When I was a christian I only carried a copy of the N.T. I do feel that christians shouldn't be concerning themselves with anything in the O.T., since it is a chiefly Jewish text. Supposedly, christianity began with Jesus. Therefore the N.T. is THEIR text. The O.T. is some other religion's text.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• The OT only counts for Thou Shall Not Kill and Thou Shall Not Be Gay, the rest of the rules were canceled, but they have to keep it around or they'd have church members running around killing and/or doodling anything that moved, apparently.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• The Old Testament has a lot of lessons and interesting stories. The Psalms, The Song of Solomon. The Old Testament also sets the stage for the coming of Christ.

Answer by Bmat at 1:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If the OT is the "original" the NT has had modifications, and the King James version had his own twist and mods added.

Why would Christians not use/go by the OT, when it would seem if someone truly believes that the Bible is the word of God. The OT would be that word. Not the rewritten mod versions.

Just doesn't make sense to me.. But then again, I'm not a Christian and it may make total and complete sense to a Christian.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I have wondered that too...but the old testament does have good information about how to live. And is a good guide and answer to some questions. It is not useless.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Christ came to fulfill the Old Testament not get rid of it
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 1:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• The Christian Bible is the Old and New Testaments. Both "apply" and are important. They are used in different ways.

http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/texts/OT.htm

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2010