omg! I just about passed out!

Things have a funny way of sneaking up on you. Yesterday I was holding my newborn son, 8 lbs 7 oz just a cute little thing. Today, I just noticed we are looking eye to eye. We are the same hight and he weights only 15 lbs less than me, which is very scary. He's 12.

I'm not that short either...5' 5'' tall.

His shoes are the same size as Dads...I can almost put my foot in them with my shoes still on.

This is nuts! What happen? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Awwwwww!!!!! I know what you mean!!!!!!!!!!!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• STOP THAT. I want a pause button. My little guys are still little.. But getting big quick. Sigh** lol
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yeah, it happens before you know it. My babies are having babies now.

Answer by Bmat at 1:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Right now my first born is 3.5 and I look at him and wonder where the time has gone. I can't imagine what it will be like when he's 12!!!
    He's already really tall and will probably be the same height as me, if not taller by the time he's 12. Oh man...
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Isn't the weirdest thing....they morph so quickly...must have been all those good naps and high protein dinners~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I realized it when my then nine year old, announced (and proved to me) that we could wear the same size shoes.
    The plus side is, it made shopping for shoes for him really easy!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• : ) I know how you feel. My little girl is almost 5 and about half my size. She is going to be so tall (I am 5 foot) and sometimes she says things and I wish for like a second I could just go back for a day and really enjoy her as a baby. Life goes by way to fast.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My step sons and I realized today that they are both taller than me...they're 9! I'm only 5 foot but still. I have known them since they're 3 years old. Little babies still in dippies. Now they have girls calling them and they're taller than me. OMG I know how you feel momma! My DD is 2 1/2 and already I miss when she was just born!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Wait until he is taller than you!! I had such a tough time with that!! But they also turn into your best friends!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I totally know what you mean. My baby is getting ready to start the fifth grade and it makes me want to sit and cry. Thankfully he will still hug me and hold my hand sometimes, but I know that we are just getting closer and closer to girls, cars, and college!!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2010