Do certain cravings mean you are lacking things in your diet?

or could it just mean you are pregnant and want to eat everything in sight? : ) I just think it is funny that when you get pregnant you start to crave things you have never eaten before or REALLY need things that were never that important for you to have. Could certain foods mean you are lacking a vitamin or mineral or is it just your hungry and it looks good to you.

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Sometimes cravings stem from your body lacking/needing something. A specific nutrient.

Sometimes cravings arise because of a poor diet, and not eating regular meals. Your body usually craves sweets and carbs in this case because it needs an energy boost.

And some cravings.. Like mine... Are just because you like and enjoy food... lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It can be.  I've been susceptible to food cravings all my life, not just pregnancy and I'm sure it is because my body needs a specific nutrient.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2010