Have you started back to school shopping yet?

If not, when are you planning on starting to shop? I just started yesterday, and thanks to my MIL and SIL and myself looking for deals, most of their "school supply" list is done. But I do have the most expensive part left, which is the clothing, shoes, backpacks, etc. Speaking of which, anyone know of any deals for any of those items? Lol!

dakajazz23

Asked by dakajazz23 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have 2 to buy for, my ds is done! :) He is going into kindergarten. For supplies we pay the teachers and they get everything at a discount. I got his backpack, lunchkit (transformers) inside and outside shoes, jeans, pants, shirts, jackets, hoodies....I started a while back in the year and bought as I saw things on sale and got a size I knew he would need :)
    DD who will be going into grade 2, I have her lunchkit/backpack, shoes, some jeans, and 2 shirts. Still will get her some more shirts, a skirt, a hoodie, jacket., and probably whatever else I see, lol Its a tradition to get back to school things, so we have fun :)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I printed on my daughter's kindergarten school supply list today =)
    Now I'm just waiting on my other daughter's preschool list to come in the mail =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My son is going to K this fall (!). My mom bought his lunchbox (goodbyn.com). I am going to order his backpack from landsend.com. We are waiting until the first week of August to get school supplies because the tax will be cheaper that week. I don't think I need to buy him any clothes just yet.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i usually start around the end of july and pick up a couple of thing every week as for the school list is doesn't come out until august right before they go back to school
    peppercorn08

Answer by peppercorn08 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• They don't have lists out for my son's school yet! AAAAAGGH!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I got them today. keep an eye out for clearance items in the stores and grab up the basics for next year.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• we don't have lists yet, but I've been buying some of the basics every time I go to the store. Once I know what they specifically need I'll head out and get it, I like to be done as early as possible.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 4:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We don't have lists yet other than being told they need a backpack large enough to hold folders. I know which backpack we're getting but I'm waiting to see my MIL so she can order it. It's a LL Bean one and she has the credit card so she gets free monogramming and delivery. I did buy some pencils and folders at Staples for a penny each (sale ends tomorrow) because I know he'll need those, if not this year then certainly next year. I have some glue, crayons, and markers left from my sale shopping last year so I think I'm covered there.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• UHG! No- I don't even want to think about it...!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010