Does your DD or DS have ADHD? if so what works to keep them calm?

my DD is 4 years old and we are going to see a Neurologist on august 4th. she also might have a sensory disorder as well. she talks very loud, yells, and does many other things that might look like she has adhd. what worked for your child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Staterra and Foculin. It doesn't make him exactly calm, but far less hyper.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• micro manage her world in terms of sleep, food and play....my DD did well with high protein foods and lots of snacks to hold herself together best.

and I just knew that after 2pm she didn't deal well with transitions, could use her words the same and generally had less skills at dealing that in the am hours~this kid did well on 4pm dinners and in bed by 7...even story time was harder at time that in the am with her~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It sounds crazy, but my little brother was ADHD, and for him my mom gave him a cup of coffee. Somehow, the caffeine worked opposite on him than most people. He is 28 now, and when he wants to chill out, he has an energy drink, lol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• ADHD does not exist. If you sit your child down and tell her to stop and she doesn't there is nothing wrong you just need to be firmer! Sorry but ADHD was made up by pharma companies to make more money! Why did nobody in the 60's have ADHD?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• delilahsmom1177 - fool.
    mommy11260 - Actually, the coffee does help my son too. He also takes Vyvanse. It helps a little. Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

• I am no fool. Sorry anyone who actually belives in this nonsense is a fool.. Care to elaborate why you call me such?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2010