Does your toddler stay out of town with grandparents?

My 8 week old has been in the NICU for her entire life at a hospital 2 hours from home. As a result, my 2 year old has been a traveling tot (which really wasn't my first plan).

Do your toddlers visit out of town without you?

tyheamma

Asked by tyheamma at 1:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My little girls are going 1 1/2 hours away next weekend to stay with my Aunt.. They are very excited-- Chuck E. Cheese & a sleepover! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• No but my parents live in town, if they lived 2 hours away I would still let her stay the night though. DH's parents live a few states away so that's out of the question at her age.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My son's grandparents on SO's side live in the same town as us and there is still no way I would let him spend the night with them. Also my dad lives about 15 minutes away and still never ever will my son spend the night there. My mom is in a nursing home, so still no chance of him ever spending the night. Maybe if SO and I had normal parents then I'd be fine with it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My girls, 7 and 2, spend the entire summer in NY with their grandparents. Their dad lives 10 minutes away and visits when he feels like it. Its my way of making sure he has full access to them. The girls look forward to when they spend the time in Ny but I do make sure I keep in contact with them, calling daily, webcam, pictures and emails.
    CandiGram

Answer by CandiGram at 1:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• No my son is too terrified being away from me. He traveled with his grandfather from Georgia to Texas for our move to be with daddy and he went with him in the Penske truck because of Flight tickets being to much, and he was fine till night time hit, and he panicked wondering what happened to me and wheres mommy. Im not crazy about my son spending the night anywhere I mentally will obsess that something will happen to him..
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 1:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yes DD spends time at Gram's house on occaision who is a few towns away (in New England that's like 15-20 min) . Sadly not a my parent's house here in town, but that is more about the state of their house than anything else. And we have gone on a few vacations to see my brother and she traveled well. I think it's great, keep it up
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 5:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My son always come with me and my husband where ever we go. I really don't trust my in laws to watch him over night.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2010